Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thurs Night @ The Jade Lounge

Photobucket


If you are in or around Portland tonight, i organized a free concert at the Jade Lounge, 2342 SE Ankeny, just a few blocks from where i live. Mostly mellow, friends of mine, sweet song-writers i have been fortunate enough to meet and play with. Damn Divas play first, at 7, which is my roommate Alex's band, who play an ornate filigreed style of folk music. Acoustic instruments, vocal harmonies, i've seen 'em a bunch of times, and they keep getting better.

Cotton is Jim Han, and he's a minimalist. He doesn't draw attention to himself, but speaks with wisdom and clarity.

Dylan Bloodaxe is sort of like my younger brother, if my younger brother played ska guitar on the corner, to make 3 bucks. He plays in Kings and Vagabonds, who are all bros of mine.

My band, Meta - Pinnacle, plays last, ending the evening on a confusing note. Me and my friend Lily, blurring lines, playing guitars. We like to pretend no one is watching.

Expect to hear more about this tomorrow, but if yr around, come out and find out for yrself. Don't take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment